Tuesday 19 February 2013

Finished Corset Pictures

So I finished my patchwork corset! Well, I use the term 'finished' loosely. I'm far from happy with it, but let me show you some pictures before I state the corrections I want to make.

           
Overall I'm really pleased with it, it looks better than I thought it would and has given me lots of ideas for other things I'd like to make. In fact, it inspired an entire Steampunk ensemble and character (an airship pirate named Adrianna Ottilie Celendie Falenthorp or The Duchess, if anyone's curious...). But nevertheless it's too big, sloppily boned and in desperate, ardent need of some neatening up where the lacing bones are concerned. Thankfully this can all be fixed with some darts, a needle and thread and two more eyelets. In making this I really proved to myself that I need to stop being so generous with the seam allowance, in fact it might be better if I work off of the basis that less is better for a while. I'd love to hear some feedback on this so do drop me a line in the comments!

Next up t-shirt pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment