Friday 1 March 2013

My Arts Challenge In Review

I'M FINISHED!!!
Feels so good to be able to type that, you have no idea. Oh but I hope I'm not making it sound like I didn't enjoy myself, I certainly enjoyed some elements. It was incredibly gratifying to see all these little projects unfold, I think the best of which is my patchwork corset. I wore it to college the other day and got some really positive feedback from everyone there, most of the people who saw it hadn't realised that I'd made it and were incredibly impressed when I said that I had. But then having said that I feel that the confidence I gained from wearing my Miku costume (the one with the free handed silk panels) on stage at LFCC is enormously important and that experience has given birth to a tenacious, gnawing desire to enter more cosplay competitions. And to top it off I've gotten some rather brilliant ideas for t-shirts, so it's been pretty win-win really.

If I was going to do anything differently I'd certainly give myself more time. If I'd been able to I would much rather have done this as a summer project so that college didn't interfere and vice versa. I won't say it hasn't been stressful doing both since I've had to keep up with course work and hand in final pieces for two projects (one of which I got the grades back for, a merit and a distinction) at the same time. Aside from timing though, I wouldn't change anything. Every mistake has been an education and every success has magnified my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment