Friday 1 March 2013

My Silver Arts Award In Review

(Please note. To reach the first post on this blog you must scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and click the 'older posts' button before scrolling to the bottom of that page too.)

~*~

I have found this overall to be an interesting experience, new lessons in juggling were learned (or not learned as the case may be. Perhaps 'are to be learned' is a more accurate statement) since I was managing this hand in hand with a full time college education. Looking back though I'm proud of what I've managed, and I'm happy with what I've produced.

The skills that I've picked up from simultaneously running a workshop and tutorial will come in handy, even if that is just by making any tutorials I film in the future seem ten times more laid back because I won't have to worry about other people. I'm also looking to try out some new methods of printing t-shirts, I'd like to progress to mixing transfers with screen printing to get layered designs and different effects for different areas. And I've also learned from creating my second corset; I need to alter the pattern, flaring it more over the ribs and cutting it far smaller not just on the waist but all over. I'd also like to learn more about the placement of boning and how it affects the fit and comfort of the corset.

There have certainly been things I haven't enjoyed, such as documenting my progress. That was a veritable hell this time 'round, I have found it harder to elaborate upon and embellish my posts due to the cut and run attitude of evaluation that I have unfortunately and unwillingly appropriated from college. To fix this I've started posting on my personal blog again, writing and reading more poetry. To start with I got a book of Alfred Lord Tennyson's poems out of the library With any luck my writing style will become florid and grandiloquent again. Despite that though I've been offered an opportunity to guest blog by Lori of Rarely Wears Lipstick, which is rather brilliant I think!

All I can say now is... I hope you enjoyed reading!

1 comment:

  1. It has been exciting reading about your experiences and the challenges that this particular Arts Award has presented you.

    I'm impressed that you have managed to achieve so much when you are also at college.

    Thank you for a great blog, I look forward to following you and your further adventures. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete